July 3, 2020 Update: The Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority is continuing to monitor the latest COVID-19 developments and is taking precautions to keep our workplace safe for staff, visitors and partners across the watershed.
- All conservation areas are open to hiking. Please note that Millennium Conservation Area is now a one-way trail: head right upon entry to the trailhead. Remember to practice social-distancing on the trails and in CA parking lots.
- Ganaraska Forest is open to all recreational activities. Please see: IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL VISITORS, which includes that dogs must be kept on leash in ALL sections of the forest
- All GRCA buildings remain closed to the public, including the Ganaraska Forest Centre and all public washrooms.
- The Administration Office is closed to the public, while staff continue to operate through phone and email communications. Please see staff directory for a complete list of contact information.
- GRCA's Planning & Regulations team is not accepting walk-in meetings, but is able to assist with electronic planning and permit submissions.
Your patience, cooperation and support is appreciated during this time. Please continue to visit our website for updates. Stay safe.
The Ganaraska Forest Centre is a multi-use facility, located in the heart of the 11,000-acre Ganaraska Forest, within an hour's drive of Toronto, Peterborough and Cobourg and is a perfect venue for community and non-profit groups, weddings, corporate training or other private events.
The Ganaraska Forest Center primary focus is to provide outdoor education programs to school children of all ages. The GFC can accommodate both day visits and overnight residential stays. The Ganaraska Forest features hundreds of kilometers of trails and is a popular destination for a variety of recreational activities.
For more information on the Ganaraska Forest Centre, outdoor education programs, outdoor recreation and forest management please go to the dedicated website by following the above link or by clicking the logo to the right.