Rice Lake Conservation Area
Located east of Bewdley in Hamilton Township, this 181.91 acre (73.6 ha) piece of wetland was acquired on April 28, 1972. There is plenty of space and beautiful spots to explore in this passive and naturalized area to enjoy your favorite activities such as photography, fishing, nature study, bird watching and discovering wildlife in various habitats.
Rice Lake CA is closed from mid-October through to May.
While visiting, please respect neighbouring private properties and stay on GRCA Conservation Area land.
Please report any illegal dumping: 1-866-293-8379
ATTENTION Visitors: Bear sightings have been reported in Rice Lake Conservation Area. Be Bear Wise this season.
How to get to Rice Lake CA:
- Take Highway 401 to County Road 28 and travel north to Bewdley
- Turn right onto Ganaraska Road 9
- Turn left at Rice Lake Drive
- Take first right on Cavan Road
- Turn left after crossing small bridge into area