In light of COVID-19, the Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority's conservation areas and all buildings, including the Ganaraska Forest Centre, will be closed to the public until further notice.
Garden Hill Conservation Area
Located in the Municipality of Port Hope (formerly Hope Township) on Ganaraska Road 9, this 53 acres (21.4 ha) of land was the first conservation area owned and managed by Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority, and was acquired on June 3, 1956. This site offers a beautiful pond, where you can spot many different species of birds and other wildlife and is a great place for a picnic.
Garden Hill CA is closed from mid-October through to May.
While visiting, please respect neighbouring private properties and stay on GRCA Conservation Area land.
Please report any illegal dumping: 1-866-293-8379
How to get to Garden Hill CA:
From Port Hope:
- Travel west on Highway 401 and exit at Welcome
- Travel north on County Road 10 for 10.5 km to Ganaraska Road 9
- Travel west for 1.6 km
- Travel east on Highway 401 to Highway 115/35 North
- Travel 16 km to Kirby
- Turn right at Kirby onto Ganaraska Road 9
- Travel east 12 km to village of Garden Hill
- Conservation Area is located on the left (north side of road) before main intersection